If you are looking to rent or buy a property, knowing as much as you can about its condition before you buy can save you a lot of money and frustration. The most effective way to do this is to get a pre-purchase property inspection report (otherwise known as a building inspection). A pre-purchase building inspection is performed to identify any significant building defects, including safety hazards and movement (cracking) in the walls.
A building inspection is entirely separate from a pest inspection report, however, both are essential when buying or renting a new property. We are conveniently based in Tweed Heads to service Northern New South Wales and the Gold Coast and can assist you with both your building and pest inspection needs. Whilst a building inspection will identify visual damage which may have been caused by termites, ants or other pests, it does not include the existence of termites or other timber destroying pests.
- A pest inspection report will identify whether or not your prospective property is home to termites or other pests. As termite infestation can be undetectable to the naked eye, a thorough property inspection will provide the peace of mind of knowing there are no unexpected surprises.
- Secondly, a pest inspection report identifies whether the property is or has sustained damage caused by termites or other pests. This is precisely why a pest inspection is worth every cent to the prospective property buyer. Also, the details contained in a pest report can decide whether or not a buyer will purchase a property.
To maintain the structural integrity of your home, Australian Standard (AS 3660.2 – 2000) Termite Management recommends annual inspections and more frequent inspections where the property construction or landscape put the property at high risk of termite infestation. This inspection is essential for homeowners, as we have frequently identified issues within the home and yard which can lead to termite activity.
Some of the potential property hazards our qualified team has uncovered throughout Tweed Heads and the Gold Coast in an annual inspections include:
- leaking shower recesses
- leaks under vanity units and sinks
- soil levels around the home
- air conditioner and hot water overflow
- tree stumps and timber stacked in the yard
Each of these can attract termites and fugal decay, so early identification of these problems is your best defense. If you have any of these signs contact our highly skilled team based in Tweed Heads near the Gold Coast, of fully licensed, insured technicians at POM who have been diagnosing and treating problems such as these for more than 15 years.