Whilst it may not seem like the most important factor in a strata report, the lack of a detailed pest control plan (i.e. which company’s services to utilise and what their methods are) can present major problems down the line.
STRATA & BODY CORPORATE PEST CONTROL SERVICES
Contact Peace of Mind Termite & Pest Management, based in Tweed Heads, close to the Gold Coast, today to organise a comprehensive pest control and management report to protect your investment!
Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, the pest problem has progressed from a preventative maintenance issue into a costly, major works issue.
Fortunately, there are simple steps you can take to prevent this:
- Have annual pest reports
- Ensure a Peace Of Mind licensed, qualified pest technician performs these pest inspections
- Listen to and act upon the advice the pest technician gives you. This is particularly prevalent if you are advised that your building is conducive to termite infestation, and;
- Ensure you act upon any recommended preventative actions.
DONT LEAVE PEST CONTROL TO CHANCE
When you are considering buying any property, POM recommends that you undertake several preliminary inspections, to avoid the frustration of costly repairs later on.
The recommended inspections include: a Pre-Purchase Timber Inspection, an Annual Visual Termite Inspection and a Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspection.
Upon purchasing your new home, it is highly recommended that you invest in a Timber Pest Inspection. This report identifies fungal decay, timber borers, termite activity, drainage issues, leaking showers, as well as moisture and ventilation issues.
An Annual Visual Termite Inspection is an essential inspection for every homeowner, as frequently signs of termite activity go undetected.
- leaking shower recesses
- leaks beneath vanity units and sinks
- overflowing hot water
- tree stumps and timber stacked in the yard